Chef Tom fires up the Kamado Joe Pellet Joe for another killer holiday dish, Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes. You can call them a side dish or a dessert, either way they will be devoured!
Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled, diced 3/4”
Maple Ginger Glaze:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Noble Saltworks Smoked Maple Turbinado Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tbsp Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head Seasoning
Preheat your Kamado Joe Pellet Joe Grill to 425ºF.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the diced sweet potatoes. Simmer potatoes for about 10 minutes, until softened but not falling apart.
Combine all ingredients for the Maple Ginger Glaze in a Fine 10” Cast Iron Skillet, and bring to simmer to dissolve, whisking.
Combine streusel toppings in the Vitamix blender (or food processor) and blend until a crumbly texture is formed.
Place the sweet potatoes in the skillet and toss in the glaze.
Crumble the topping over the glazed sweet potatoes.
Bake on the grill until the topping is browned and filling is bubbling, about 40 minutes.
Purchase Items in this Recipe