Pork Tenderloin Tacos al Pastor
- By Tom Jackson
- May 2, 2015
Pork Tenderloin Tacos Al Pastor paired with a delicious Cilantro Date Relish are just the thing to try for dinner tonight!
Pork Tenderloin Tacos al Pastor Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb pork tenderloin, sliced thin (1/4 inch)
- 1/2 of a small pineapple, sliced thin (1/4” rounds)
- 1 red onion, sliced thin (1/4 inch rounds)
- Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 16-24 small corn tortillas
For the marinade:
- 1 (3.5 oz) package Achiote paste
- 4 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup adobo sauce from the can
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Cilantro Date Relish:
- 1 cup dates, pitted, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 bottle beer of choice
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lime
Combine all marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add 1/2 cup water. Blend until smooth. Place half of the marinade in a zip top bag, or sealable plastic container. Reserve the rest of the marinade for another day. Add the sliced pork to the marinade. Massage the marinade into the meat. Refrigerate for one hour.
Preheat your cooker to 450°F. Brush the onions and pineapple rounds with oil and season with Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride. Grill over direct heat until browned then transfer to a cooler indirect spot to finish softening. Grill the pork over direct heat, flipping once to brown both sides, until cooked through (140°F).
Transfer the pork, onions and pineapple to a cutting board, dice and serve immediately with Date and Cilantro Relish.
Place the diced dates and orange juice in a pint mason jar (or other container larger than 1.5 cups). Pour enough beer in to cover the dates. Refrigerate the dates for one hour. Drink the beer while you wait.
Strain the liquid from the dates and discard. Toss the dates, cilantro and lime juice together. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as desired.