We offer you four summer drink recipes that are easy to make and taste great.
– 1 can mexican lager (Tecate, Dos Equis, etc.) – 2 oz clamato juice – 1 oz tequila – 1 oz lime juice – dash worcestershire sauce – as much hot sauce as you like (Tapatio is our favorite) – chile salt and lime slices for garnish
Salt the rim of a pint glass then fill with ice. Add the clamato, tequila, lime juice, worcestershire and hot sauce. Fill the remainder of the glass with the beer. Stir. Garnish with lime slice.
– 10 lemons, just the zest – 1 (750 mL) bottle high-proof pure grain alcohol (we used 190 proof everclear) – 3 cups water – 2 cups sugar
Scrub the lemons thoroughly. Using a microplane, zest the lemons. Be careful to get only the zest and none of the bitter white pith. This should yield 1.5-2 cups of zest. Place the zest in a gallon glass jar. Pour the bottle of alcohol into the jar and seal with a lid. Stash your jar away in a cool dark place for at least 3 weeks (or up to six weeks if steeping with lower proof vodka). After the waiting period, combine the water and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve sugar. Let the syrup cool to room temperature before adding to the alcohol. Give everything a good stir, and let it sit another week. The longer it sits, the more rounded the flavor. Strain the limoncello through a strainer lined with cheesecloth. Store the limoncello in your freezer.
– 2 oz Limoncello – 6 oz Moscato, chilled
Pour the moscato into a martini glass. Pour the limoncello on top.
La Doña Margarita
– 3 oz tequila blanco – 1 oz Cointreau – 1.5 oz lime juice – .5 oz honey syrup* – 2-4 drops arbol chile tincture*
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake. Pour over ice in a margarita glass.
*Honey Syrup: Equal parts honey and hot water. Dissolve the honey into the hot water. Let cool.
*Arbol Chile Tincture
– 20 arbol chiles – 1 3/4 C everclear
Combine ingredients in a pint sized mason jar. Place lid on jar. Let sit two weeks, shaking vigorously for 5-10 seconds every day.
Watermelon Agua Fresca
– 12 C seedless watermelon, cubed – 2 C water – 2 limes, juiced – 2 lime, sliced – 4 sprigs fresh mint – 1 C simple syrup (equal parts hot water and sugar. stir to dissolve sugar.) – White Rum (optional)
Working in batches, combine the watermelon and water in the blender and puree until smooth. If your prefer a thicker consistency, pour the puree straight into a pitcher. For a smoother consistency, strain through a fine mesh strainer before placing in the pitcher. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Add an ounce or two of white rum to individual glasses and stir to combine, if desired.