- By Britt Shoffner
- Apr 21, 2020
Spice things up with a habanero margarita! This one gets kicked up a notch with some pepper-infused hot honey and rimmed with a habanero salt!
Habanero Margarita Recipe
- 3 oz silver tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz hot honey syrup* (recipe below)
- Jacobsen Salt Co. Habanero Salt
- Juniper Clay Zingerz Cayenne-Infused Honey
To make the honey syrup:
- Combine equal parts honey and hot water. Let cool.
To make the habanero margarita:
- On a flat plate, place a small amount of the cayenne-infused honey and dip the rim of the glass to coat the edge.
- On another flat plate, spread a layer of habanero salt and dip the honey-rimmed glass to salt the rim.
- Combine all tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice in a shaker with ice. Shake. Pour over ice in the salted margarita glass.