Honey Habanero Hot Wings
- By Tom Jackson
- Feb 3, 2023
- 5 lb chicken wings, flats and drums separated
- 1/3 cup Plowboys BBQ The Jerk Seasoning
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- Cornhusker Kitchen Spray Duck Fat
For the Honey Mango Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Heat Maverick’s Where Did the Mango Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Reida Farm Wildflower Honey
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 tsp garlic, grated on microplane
- 2 tsp ginger, grated on microplane
Preheat your Yoder smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450ºF with the Yoder Smokers Wood Fired Oven installed.
Combine sauce ingredients in a Lodge 8” Steel Skillet. Place on top of the Wood Fired Oven to cook for a few minutes. Remove and cool.
| You might also enjoy: Huli Huli Chicken Wings
Combine Plowboys BBQ The Jerk Seasoning and cornstarch in a marinade shaker and shake vigorously to mix. Season the wings with the mixture on both sides. Spray with duck fat.
Preheat a Lodge 10.5” x 15.5” Cast Iron Bakeware pan inside the Wood Fired Oven for 5-10 minutes.
| You might also enjoy: Smoked Fried Truffalo Wings
Add just enough OIL? To the cast iron pan to coat the bottom. Place the wings on the pan. When the wings are crisped on bottom, flip then continue cooking until the internal temperature in the deepest part of the wings surpasses 175ºF. Remove from the grill.
Combine the wings and sauce in a large mixing bowl. Toss to coat.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Plowboys BBQ The Jerk SeasoningAs low as
- Reida Honey Farm Raw Wildflower HoneyAs low as
- BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets, 20lb BagAs low as
- Yoder Smokers Wood Fired Oven, YS480 and YS640$499.00