LEM Products Backwoods Cured Pepperoni Sausage Seasoning
LEM Products Backwoods Cured Pepperoni Sausage Seasoning makes it easy to create the pepperoni taste you crave on your pizza right at home.
A Note About Cure: Cure should be used to control botulism as well as add color and flavor to your smoked or cooked sausage.
For consistently flavorful sausage use the recommended number of pounds of meat this package is intended to produce.
To make the entire 5 lb. package at one time: Dissolve entire seasoning and cure packets into 5 ounces of water for 5 pounds of meat .
To make smaller batches: Use 4-1/2 teaspoons of seasoning, a scant 1/4 teaspoon of cure (1.1g) and 1 ounce of water for each pound of meat used.
- Grind a mixture containing at least 20% pork or pork fat.
- Dissolve seasoning and cure in water. Mix thoroughly with meat until tacky.
- Roll into logs (about 10" long and 2" in diameter). Roll back and forth to remove air. Preheat oven to 300°F. and place in oven for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove and cool.
- Stuff into fibrous or non-edible collagen casings (soak casings in warm water prior to stuffing) and place in refrigerator overnight. Preheat oven to 180°F. and place in oven or smoke in a smoker until internal temperature of the log reaches 165°F. Remove and cool.
- Refrigerate or freeze finished product.
- Keep cure out of reach of children.
- Do not use more cure than recommended.
Seasoning Ingredients: Salt, Spices, Garlic, Sugar and Natural Smoke Flavor.
Cure Ingredients: Salt, 6.25% Sodium Nitrite, FD&C Red #3 (For Color), And Less Than 2% Silicon Dioxide As A Processing Aid.
Ingredients Do Not Contain Gluten, No MSG.
Warning: This product is manufactured in a facility that processes tree nuts.