Start your next cookout with this Grilled Cucumber Salad! We show you how to take fresh cucumber and shallots, grill them to perfection, and dress them in a zesty blend of Japanese BBQ sauce, chili crunch, and miso. The result is a deliciously unforgettable combination.
Grilled Cucumber Salad
This Grilled Cucumber Salad is so fresh and delicious. It's a simple recipe that combines grilled cucumber and shallots with a flavor packed dressing made with Japanese BBQ sauce, chili crunch, miso and more. Without too much effort you can be the hero of your next cookout. Give it a try!
- 2 medium cucumbers, about 1 1/2 lb total
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
2 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Salt
2 tbsp Bachan’s Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce
1 tbsp Colonial Chile Crunch
1 tbsp Colonial Chile Oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, grated on microplane
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 600ºF, set up for direct grilling (diffuser and/or diffuser door removed) with GrillGrates installed over the fire box.
- Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Slice one raw cucumber into 1/4” thick slices. Place the raw sliced cucumber in a bowl with the shallots and Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Salt. Let sit until water is standing in the bowl. Rinse and strain with clean water.
- Meanwhile, grill the other cucumber with the grill door open, turning to slightly char on all sides. Remove from the grill while the cucumber is still firm, but has some grill marks. Slice into 1/4” thick slices.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the Bachan’s Original Japanese Barbecue Sauce, Colonial Chile Oil and Crunch, rice vinegar, miso, Cattleman’s Grill Everything Bagel Seasoning and garlic.
- Add all of the cucumbers and shallots to the dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 4 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 0.3 grams
- 0 milligrams
- 360 milligrams
- 12 grams
- 1.1 grams
- 6 grams
- 2 grams