The Chicken Guacamole Burger may be made of ground chicken thighs, and not ground beef, but it’s as good or BETTER than any other burger out there! From the juicy patty to the funky feta and the homemade guac and ranch dressing, this burger has it all!
Chicken Guacamole Burger
Chef Tom shares his recipe for the Chicken Guacamole Burger! Made with ground chicken thighs for juicy, tender goodness and topped with feta, homemade guacamole, and ranch dressing, it surpasses all other chicken burgers in taste and flavor!
8 Everything Bagel Brioche Buns
- Butter lettuce
- Tomato slices
- 8 chicken burger patties (recipe below)
- Guacamole (recipe below)
Ranch dressing (from scratch recipe here)
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs (6 sandwich slices)
- 2 1/2 lb chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, 2” dice
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
2 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Everything Bagel Seasoning
1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 small avocados
3 tbsp Holmes Made Marty’s Roasted Green Chile Medium Salsa
- 3 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Finishing Salt, to taste
For the burger:
For the burger patties:
For the guacamole:
- To make the burger patties, first tear up the slices of bread and place in a food processor, working in batches, if needed, so as not to overcrowd. Blitz the bread until it is broken down into bread crumbs. Remove from the food processor.
- Next, mince the chicken in the food processor. Once again, working in batches, place the cubed thighs in the food processor and blitz until broken down to a ground meat consistency. Remove from the food processor.
- Combine the fresh bread crumbs, minced chicken and remaining burger patty ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix by hand until well incorporated. Divide into 8 equal sized patties and place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 400ºF, with the diffuser (or diffuser door) removed and a Yoder Smokers Cast Iron Griddle installed over the fire box.
- While the grill and griddle are preheating, make the guacamole. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mash with a fork to desired consistency. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- When the griddle is hot, place your burgers on the griddle and press to desired width. You want the burger to fit the bun, so take a look at your bun to determine the width. Let the burger form a brown crust before flipping to brown the opposite side. Continue cooking the burgers until the internal temperature reaches 160ºF in the center, moving them to indirect heat (off the griddle) to finish cooking, if needed.
- Toast the burger buns on the griddle until golden brown.
- To build the Chicken Guacamole Burger, start with a leaf of butter lettuce and slice of tomato on the bottom bun. Place your chicken burger patty on the tomato. Top the patty with guacamole and a drizzle of buttermilk ranch, and finally the top bun.
- Serving Size
- 12.1 oz
- per serving
- 75 grams
- 70 grams
- 44 grams
- 1471 milligrams