There's nothing quite like the moist, flavorful meat of beer can chicken. Many people think this approach seems too complicated, but here is a quick how-to so you have no excuse not to try it!
1) Preheat grill to 450ºF/230ºC (a gas or charcoal grill will work well for this recipe).
2) Wash chicken inside and out with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the chicken inside and out with the Plowboys Yardbird rub. The secret is to also get the rub under the skin as best you can.
3) Pour your beer into your sitter or rack and place the chicken cavity down on the opening. It should be pushed far enough down to stand up on its own.
4) Place the chicken on the grill, close the lid, and roast for 20 minutes per pound (60-70 minutes approximately).
5) Melt butter and mix with Pappy's Chipotle sauce. Baste chicken liberally with this mixture two to three times during roasting.
6) Chicken is done when a meat thermometer is inserted and reads 160ºF (71ºC). Remove from heat, cover, and let rest 10 minutes before carving.